Job title: Associate Level1
Company: BNP Paribas
Job description: Job Description – APAC
31 / Aug / 2021
Sector of activity / Function:
Market and financing services
Team Leader – Global Reconciliation Team
Number of direct reports:
Direction / Registration:
Purpose of the position
The Associate / Level 1 Associate will be responsible for carrying out the day-to-day tasks related to the Global Reconciliation team performed in the MFS department. He / She will work on daily tasks, reports and investigations and will report directly to the Team Leader of the Reconciliation team. The staff will work closely with all internal teams, Paris and local management as part of their daily BAU. A good functional understanding of the securities lending business is essential, as well as a basic knowledge of settlement, securities transactions, collateral management and the billing function associated with securities lending business.
- Must have a good understanding of the reconciliation process and correctly perform all reconciliation and reporting tasks.
- Identify exceptions and imbalance situations, and liaise with internal departments as needed, to achieve a timely resolution.
- Prioritize work and diligently investigate all discrepancies / disruptions and respond to all queries within agreed time frames in accordance with SLA and procedures.
- Correctly post manual journal entries in the accounting systems
- Send daily / weekly / monthly / quarterly fault-free break reports and follow up on high-risk items with the appropriate department for fault-free customs clearance.
- Perform a contract comparison in Equilend for all open contracts and investigate breaches.
- Follow the appropriate escalation procedures
- Strictly adhere to established departmental processing procedures and controls
- Anticipate problems that could negatively affect operations and propose possible solutions.
- Constantly improve your knowledge of the company through training and versatility and make sure you are trained across the different functions of the team.
Technical and behavioral skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, prioritize multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment in coordination with colleagues and managers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and strong MS Excel skills required.
- Professional experience in Intellimatch will be preferred
Specific qualifications (if required)
Good knowledge of accounting
Behavioral skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Communication skills – oral and written
Cross-curricular skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop others and improve their skills
Ability to develop and operate networks
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Level of education:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
level of experience
Other / specific qualifications (if necessary)
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Job date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 03:15:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!