Job title: Associate Manager, Trade Operations
Company: Standard Chartered
Job description: About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and businesses thrive in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
For us, good performance is more than making a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valuable behaviors – doing the right thing, better together and never settling – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We are committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – a culture where everyone can reach their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organization. This helps us to provide better support to our large customer base.
Responsibilities of the role
- Present qualities that demonstrate the group’s strategy.
- Treat customers with a human touch and understand the importance at every stage of the business.
- Support strategic intent, on business growth, cross-functional advantage and work on profitability.
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with clients to ensure quick and efficient responses to various business requirements, queries and requests from them.
- Know the business objectives and ensure compliance.
- Own clients’ business transactions and ensure completion at all levels / stages in a sustainable manner.
- Ensure that all documents are verified, processed and disseminated accurately in accordance with internal regulatory and operational instructions.
- Ensure that offers are published in accordance with the department’s operating instruction manual, client instructions, and specified standards of timeliness and accuracy.
- To ensure that transactions are processed within the approved limits allocated at all times, on an ongoing basis.
- Continuous improvement in productivity to prescribed standards for processes from time to time.
- Comply with the group’s money laundering prevention policy and procedures to the extent applicable and report all suspicious transactions to the supervisor.
People and talents
- To ensure the team is well managed, plan the day / week.
- To ensure planned holidays and enough backups created for seamless business delivery.
- Ensure continuous training of personnel on the DOI, carry out upgrades and delegate them to product-related training.
- To ensure that the level of motivation of the staff is always high.
- Encourage staff to participate in C3, CSR activities.
- Respect at all times the Values of the Group and the Company.
- Compliance with all applicable rules / regulations and company and group policies.
- Identify risks on an ongoing basis and derive mitigation measures on a sustainable basis.
- Comply with the group’s sanctions policy and procedures.
- Comply with local sanctions policy and procedures, if applicable.
Regulation and conduct of business
- Demonstrate exemplary conduct and live according to the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest ethical standards, including regulation and business conduct, throughout Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and complying, in letter and spirit, with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group’s Code of Conduct.
- Lead the business operations team]to achieve the results set out in the Bank’s Principles of Conduct: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance issues in an efficient and collaborative manner.
- Effectively manage key stakeholders, country offices, regulators, superiors, peers, subordinates.
- Identify continuous improvement initiatives by simplifying processes, procedures applying LEAN techniques.
- Identify opportunities for standardization.
- Actively participate in C3 initiatives.
- Enthusiastically participate in organizational Quality initiatives and achieve expected results in the workplace.
Our ideal candidate
- Academic qualification: Bcom / MCom / MBA / BE with relevant experience of more than 8 years
- Relevant business certification such as CDCS, CSDG, CTF, depending on the role.
- Completion of trade level II and III certification.
- AML & Sanctions training, annual certification. .
Apply now to join the Bank for those with great professional ambitions.
To view information about our benefits, including our flexible working, please visit our. We welcome conversations about flexible working.
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Job date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 07:58:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!