Job title: Associate Manager
Company: Standard Chartered
Job description: Role Responsibilities
- Support drafting of Outsourcing Checklist documents for country owner review
- Drafting of outsourcing checklist documents:
- Writing various required documents and obtaining necessary approvals to facilitate the checklist process.
- Periodic risk review
- To follow the deadlines of the Periodic Risk Review
- Drafting of checklist documents for renewal
- Documentation of cost review
- Monitoring and follow-up of the implementation / revision of costs for the department
- Quality Service Provide the highest levels of customer service and proactively seek improvements to meet customer needs and requirements and when opportunities arise to exceed them.
- Support risk management and adhere to established processes and controls to ensure the unit achieves a minimum audit score of 2 or better. Ensure that all reconciliations are investigated in a timely manner, that controls are effectively exercised over all operational procedures to prevent fraud and avoid losses for the Bank.
- Reporting Ensure punctuality, responsiveness, accuracy and be proactive in the processing of transaction processing.
- Compliance Manage and ensure compliance with all established procedures and regulations and with the Group Custody Policy Guide. Keep the Senior Director, Head of Securities Services, Head of Treasury Management and Securities Services, C&IB, Head, Service Delivery, C&IB informed of financial developments and any extraordinary developments.
- Security Management Coordinate and communicate all matters relating to security developments and management. This covers both preventive and investigative security and includes; business continuity planning and emergency management, protection of personnel, assets and property, investigation of fraud, loss or other irregularities, measures to prevent drug money laundering and computer and communications security.
- Productivity – Initiate the review and implementation of cost-effective and practical procedures through systematic analysis, automation in order to increase the level of efficiency and productivity leading to higher profitability.
- Teamwork Assist teammates and the Senior Manager in the implementation of products, services and business strategies.
- Prompt decision-making to protect the interests of the client and avoid losses for the bank in this time-sensitive work requires good judgment and a good grasp of international and local practices.
- Anticipate and recommend actions appropriate to customer needs to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction using different methods for different customers.
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
Regulation and conduct of business
- Demonstrate exemplary conduct and live according to the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest ethical standards, including regulation and business conduct, throughout Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and complying, in letter and spirit, with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group’s Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the results set out in the Bank’s Principles of Conduct: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance issues in an efficient and collaborative manner.
- Efficient operation of the Unit.
- Effectively reduce the error rate and meet service standards.
- Compliance with risks and regulations.
- Modified GBS requirements
- Effective cost control of the team + unit as a whole and reduction target on an ongoing basis.
- Preparation for external / internal audits
Our ideal candidate
- Minimum GCE A Levels or Diploma
- Broad knowledge of banking operations and banking practice.
- In-depth knowledge of the operations and rules of the local securities industry.
- Ability to handle a variety of rapidly changing situations in terms of work pressure and customer requirements.
- Skills in analytical and procedural systems regarding the procedural changes necessary to adapt to dynamic market conditions.
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Job date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 07:58:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!