Job title: Contributor Software Engineering
Job description: Requisition ID: 54278
Job Family: Information Technology / Software Development
Saber Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Based in Southlake, Texas, United States, Saber has offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Saber, we take people on a journey. Positioned at the center of the travel business, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Saber is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs of our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
The Order Services team is focused on the development and maintenance of a variety of PNR (Travel Booking) services running on open systems (Linux / GCP). In particular, the team is responsible for the distribution of PNR data to internal and external customers, several PNR web services, and the development of Trip Record – a revolutionary architecture for storing and leveraging next-generation reservation data. All applications are high volume, multi-instance, and critical.
Due to the dynamic growth of the team, we are now looking for a candidate to join our team and take on a role of
Java Software Engineer – Contributor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, designs, develops, tests and debugs moderately complex software solutions using routine and / or advanced technologies
- Works with technical staff to understand and resolve software issues
- Resolves customer complaints with the software and responds to suggestions for improvements and improvements
- Can participate in research of best practices, new tools and technologies.
- Can design and build prototype applications
- Can assist in the development of technical software documentation
- Commitment to achieve project objectives and orientation to improve quality
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience as a Java enterprise developer
- Java 8/11
- Experience with Spring Framework 5 and SpringBoot 2
- Experience in rest web services
- Cloud exposure – Docker, Kubernetes, GCP
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience in Git
- Good knowledge of Unix / Linux operating systems
- Experience with Junit5, TestNG, Mock, Spock and other standard unit testing frameworks.
- Ability to work independently and mentor other team members
- Experience in monitoring and improving application performance
- Good communication skills in English, written and oral
- Ability to think outside the box
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Show initiative and creativity
- Eager to develop and learn new areas / technologies
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
“Nice to have” skills:
- Agile development experience
- Experience in gRPC, Protocol Buffers
- A positive attitude and a good sense of humor would be a plus
- Understanding of mono repo.
We will carefully review your application and review your contact details against the criteria for the position. You will receive a separate notification as your application progresses.
Please note that only applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the position will participate in the selection process. Join our Saber life community by following us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
Stay connected with Saber Careers
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Fri, 08 Oct 2021 07:23:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!