Job title: Engineering Manager, Productivity – Engineering Platform
Job description: About the role
Gone are the days of colorless tasks and inactive work routines. As the Engineering Manager, you will be an integral part of the Engineering Platform team based in Bangalore, India. With the knowledge of building scalable applications, current trends and emerging technologies, you will be responsible for the design and management of applications, the evolution of the engineering platform for all engineers, improving their productivity using cloud, observability and reliability of cloud infrastructure.
At Gojek, we are linked not only by our desire to make people’s lives easier, but also by our shared enthusiasm for technology and the drive to make a social impact.
What will you do
- Work as a primary contributor with your team, writing high quality, scalable and maintainable code
- Improve the ability of others to provide high-quality work
- Continuously improve code quality, product execution and customer satisfaction
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively with distributed teams in a global environment
- Operate to strengthen teams on all of their product with their knowledge base
- Help improve team relationships and help build a culture of camaraderie
- Continuously refactoring applications to ensure high quality design
- Partner with team members on functional and non-functional requirements and disseminate the design philosophy and goals across the team
What you will need
- At least 8 years of relevant experience and understanding of distributed systems, microservices architecture, RESTful services and continuous integrations / continuous delivery
- Hands-on experience in any object-oriented or functional programming language such as Golang, Python, Java, Ruby or Clojure
- Ability to troubleshoot in a large distributed infrastructure
- In-depth knowledge of Linux as a production environment, monitoring stack such as Prometheus, influxDB, container technologies. for example Docker, Infrastructure As Code like Terraform, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes or Docker
- Ability to design highly available systems at scale
- Experience with various architectural evolutions, identification of systemic bottlenecks and performance optimization
- Good understanding of the interactive application development paradigm, memory management, performance / resource optimizations, database interactions, network programming, concurrency, multithreading, fault tolerance , monitoring, security and operability of systems
- Previous experience with AWS, GCP or Azure is a plus
About the team
We are the heart of Gojek, the group that owns, improves and manages the productivity, reliability and observability of Gojek engineering at all levels. We are responsible for the technology, science and strategy pillars in engineering, powering over 500 microservices at Gojek. We harness cutting-edge cloud computing technology by managing high-speed, real-time systems with a wide range of programming stacks.
As a team, we are concerned not only with the growth of the company, but also with the personal and professional growth of each one. In addition to a shared desire to solve problems, our team binds together around our shared love for tea, movies and TV shows. With the standardization of the WFH, you better believe that we have shared our favorite ways to prioritize a healthy work-life balance at home (Netflix, are you interested? 😜)
Gojek is a great app. It’s an app for ordering food, travel, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. It is the first and only decacorn from Indonesia. It is also the only Southeast Asian startup to make the Fortune list of “companies that changed the world”.
Our mission: to create and develop a positive socio-economic impact for our customers, our driver-partners, companies and MSMEs.
In 2021, Gojek processed more than $ 9 billion in annualized gross transaction value in all of the markets in which it operates – Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and the largest payment portfolio in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings, among others.
Gojek is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, level of education or any other status protected by law.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 07:17:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Leave a Reply