Job title: Network Engineer – IBBI – Delhi
Company: National Institute for Smart Government
Job description: Roles and responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities of the position:
- Maintain and administer LAN, WAN and wireless networks, including servers, routers, firewalls, switches, inverters and other hardware;
- Manage existing system configurations and deploy new configurations including Windows Server, virtualization systems, mobile devices, mobile platforms and workstations (Windows and MAC);
- Purchase of network equipment and management of subcontractors involved in the installation of the network;
- Maintain the EPABX / telephone system and work closely with the telephone service provider to keep lines active;
- Create and maintain complete documentation for all networks implemented;
- Maximize network performance through continuous monitoring and troubleshooting;
- Updating network equipment with the latest firmware versions;
- Perform disaster recovery operations and data backups;
- Protect data, software and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures;
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve hardware, software, and other network and system issues;
- Replace defective network hardware components, as needed;
- Maintain, configure and monitor virus protection software and email applications;
- Master operating consoles for monitoring the performance of networks and computer systems;
- Coordinate access and use of the computer network;
- Maintain data confidentiality and prevent any incidence of data hacking.
Skills, experience and qualification required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Computer Applications / Engineering from a recognized university / institute.
5-7 years experience in the field of computer networks.
Knowledge and experience of CISCO routers and switches configuration and installation, network integration, operations and monitoring, evaluation, configuration and troubleshooting, maintenance of wireless LAN / WAN wire and network security.
Good interpersonal skills and ability to manage customer / customer service.
Job date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 08:43:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!