Job title: Principal Enterprise Project Manager
Company: Markit India Services Pvt Ltd
Job description: Senior business project manager
Summary of position
The PMO administrator will update and maintain milestones, tasks and associated dates at the program and project level. The role requires generating on-demand, weekly and bi-monthly program status reports using a standardized set of tools while highlighting risks, issues and interdependencies between technology, operations and product areas. The role includes managing server and infrastructure inventories in collaboration with core IT and technology teams.
The position requires the candidate to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong coordination / technical skills, and a thorough understanding of the program and project management toolset. The successful candidate will be process-oriented and have a thorough understanding of the phases of the program life cycle. Ideally, the candidate should have prior experience with large system project tools, system modifications, and multiple software development delivery methodologies. The candidate should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to adapt to changes by working with multiple stakeholders in different time zones.
The candidate will work in conjunction with the PMO office, project and program managers, technology (development / QA / infrastructure teams), product, business development and operations teams to keep all data up to date at the program level. The candidate will be expected to work with teams in the US, UK and India.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Program / project manager support on the range of platforms
- Monitor / develop / improve reporting at program level, using a standardized set of tools and in accordance with company standards
- Produce accurate and timely reports on the status of the program throughout its lifecycle
- Work closely with product teams to capture and record key milestones
- Keep SharePoint up to date with various migration flows and activities
- Coordinate with technology, product and operations teams to upload and update the project plan to Microsoft Azure DevOps (ADO) by capturing key resources and timelines
- Capture and maintain RAID (risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies) at the program flow level
Education and experience
- Proven experience with the program / project toolset on complex / large scale initiatives
- Prior involvement in major and multi-geographic change portfolios
- Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Azure Dev Ops, SharePoint, Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of a variety of software development lifecycle approaches
- Competence in liaison with business development, technology, project managers, program managers and other stakeholders
- Able to facilitate meetings as needed and ensure decisions / actions are captured, communicated and tracked and cover program managers as needed
- Fostering a culture of value-driven innovation giving people space to think creatively
- Push decision making to the right level within their teams, not allowing unnecessary bureaucracy and structure to suppress innovation and delivery
- Able to work independently and also as part of a team based in other time zones
- Proactively improve and improve existing / new processes and reporting requirements
- Support the search for efficiency / effectiveness
- Communicate / escalate delays in capturing updates from relevant stakeholders impacting key project milestones
- Capable of advancing multiple tasks at the same time
- Very structured and organized, able to be pragmatic and implement ad hoc technical solutions to facilitate the monitoring and reporting of deliveries
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbal with a thorough understanding of the use of project management tools. Dealing with a variety of different people at all levels (internal and external)
- Develop and generate reports that provide a clear status of the project suitable for the audience.
- Communication must be of high quality and timely
- Strong collaborative, interpersonal and technical skills
- Able to build consensus / alignment on delivery goals
- Obtain information from major contributors to update plan and report status
Inclusion and diversity are essential to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status of protected veteran or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for candidates and employees, please access our inclusion and diversity statement here.
We pride ourselves on providing reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for a job at IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation in using our website or in applying for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination of demands reasonable accommodation is taken into account in a case. -case by case. This contact information (e-mail and telephone) is only intended for assistance with applications and accommodation requests. We are unable to accept resumes or provide application status information via the above phone number or email address. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified applicants will be considered and tracked.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to undergo a drug test (where permitted by law). Additionally, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify program to confirm work eligibility.
For more information, please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Code of Business Conduct
Right to work
EEO is the law
EEO is the right supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally through Workday’s internal careers site. ,
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Job date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 07:54:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!