Job title: Process Data Engineer
Job description: , India
Job Family Group: Technical Assistance Jobs
Worker type: Regular
Publication start date: October 18, 2021
Experience level: early career
- Maintenance, insurance, technical support and standardization of data and technical documents of the various operational units of Shell. With support roles on site engagement and technical forums and tools.
- Analyze data, documents and processes for Shell businesses by working with the engineering, maintenance, operations and project team and partners.
- Ensure deliverables for data management in SAP-PM / MM, master data modification process and other assigned data processes by contributing, providing support and advice and representing the team in forums Shell worldwide.
- Support projects and activities carried out in various business units of Shell.
Work on ERP system
- Management of the hierarchy of maintenance assets (location / equipment / assembly), configuration of BOMs, configuration of maintenance planning, list of tasks in the ERP system.
- Improve data quality based on managing comments, notifications and work orders, engaging with planners, preparers and maintenance planners.
- Extraction of maintenance data and subsequent analysis using MS Office or other analysis tools
- Support data improvement projects which may include data cleansing, data mining, benchmarking, draft reports and evidence tracking in accordance with site reference materials.
Engagement with the team and battery owners
- Help the team to develop, maintain and manage the site reference document. Communicate with the stakeholder of the site or locations, understand their interoperability. Regularly report work progress to direct site or location contacts as requesters and approvers.
- Help the team respond to inquiries about data and its functionality, including training on demand tools, running pilot tests and demonstrations, increasing awareness of ERP functionality (e.g. more efficient of SAP PM). This technical assistance function includes supporting managers and other staff in migration efforts.
- Manage stakeholders / representatives from various business units through effective communication and identify and resolve bottlenecks for data analysis, maintain problem logs and use them to implement changes / improvements in the process .
Other safeguard responsibilities, as follows:
- Recommend and execute site improvement projects or others (continuous improvements) through awareness of the group’s engineering methods and processes.
- Understand how information and data is used at the site or location through awareness to extract and apply the methods of these tools to data quality (the methods and processes are listed in the Skills section).
- Help team leaders to standardize processes, tools, methods and procedures according to guidelines (Ex: Improve data quality standards and best practices).
- Network with peers and other levels of organization in different support centers.
- Support the Senior Process Data Engineer and other engineers performing key functions, with a scope covering Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), technical data and documents from various Shell business units.
- Ensuring maintenance efficiency by managing maintenance data in accordance with company-defined standards with the objective of maximizing productivity while reducing delays.
- Participation in the Group’s efforts to Standardize processes, tools, repositories, standards and best practices. The role can also be assigned within the site team or the project team working under the direction of a Senior Process Data Engineer.
Skills and requirements: Skills and requirements:
- University degree in mechanical / instrumentation / electrical / petrochemical engineering.
- 1-3 years industry experience required in Oil & Gas / Petrochemicals / Fertilizers / Power industry. Engineering degree with experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Experience in the field of plant maintenance within an oil and gas and petrochemical complex as an engineering user of computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
Other skills, competences and behaviors:
- Flexible and adaptable to change, with a track record of demonstrating initiative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Virtual work experience highly desirable.
- Computer skills with knowledge of tools like Power BI, Spotfire, SQL, knowledge of databases, etc. would be an added benefit.
Work / shift schedule: must be flexible with working hours.
DISCLAIMER: Please Note: We occasionally modify or remove Shell job postings and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch / Shell group companies worldwide. The Shell Group and its licensed recruitment consultants will never charge you a fee for processing or considering your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who charges such a fee is not an authorized representative of Shell and you are strongly advised to deny such a request. Shell is an equal opportunity employer.
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Job date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 06:47:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!