Job title: Productivity & Analytics Engineer
Job description: Dow has an exciting opportunity for the Productivity and Analysis Engineer to be located in Chennai, India
Acts as an operations IT / OT data specialist for a defined scope area within data management and reporting, providing general support for a defined set of processes, procedures and applications, tools and I / T systems linked to data management within a specific IT / OT technological discipline operation. Supports a defined set of data objects aligned with maintenance, project systems, production operations management, quality management and / or laboratory information management to enable adoption and use of the best business processes and applications (including SAP and non-SAP) by global end users. Requires general technical skills and knowledge of data related processes, procedures and tools / systems to support a clear set of project and team deliverables.
This role is part of the Operations IT / OT organization which is made up of architecture, domain and business process experts who facilitate collaboration between function / discipline, enterprise and other cross-functional experts in the application of the best of their category at the enterprise level. Information technology (IT) to enable end-to-end business processes and digital threads of related products and equipment from the perspective of operational excellence. The basis of this collaboration is the common goal of defining, delivering and supporting sustainable IT / OT solutions that deliver optimal capacity at minimal lifecycle cost to enable safe, reliable, quality and productive operations that support loads the best experiences of employees and customers. .
Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Supports the management and updating of master data within a defined digital feed scope in support of project and business management activities. Includes creation and maintenance of global material codes (i.e.Maintenance, Repair and Operation or MRO codes, etc.) and other SAP and non-SAP master data according to procedures and established guidelines.
- Understands, uses and supports the improvement and standardization of data management and data coding applications and work processes to ensure that user needs are met in related functional or business processes (i.e. etc. ).
- Helps factory, site, enterprise and / or global teams optimize data management and data encoding solutions to ensure alignment with appropriate master data to optimize accuracy and productivity within business processes.
- Provides training, troubleshooting and other technical and work process support related to data management and user issues in all application areas. Coach less experienced team members.
- Directs the creation and maintenance of job aids and related training materials related to the use of related applications, tools and work processes for data management and coding activities.
- Supports lifecycle management and other improvement activities related to the optimization and sustainability of IT / OT data management applications in the application domain. Includes support for testing, fault resolution, and implementation activities. Lead and support stakeholder management and change communication activities as directed by scope.
- Supports activities aligned with team deliverables, including data mining, statistical analysis, data reporting and visualization, and data optimization.
- Participate in site, regional and global networks in the scope area to facilitate shared learning and use of best practices.
- Supports master data management activities such as data migration, data deletions and data archiving as part of defined projects in support of priority business and business projects and activities ‘business.
- Provide coding and data management support to on-site joint ventures, third party / i-Park customers based on established agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree with additional manufacturing, data analysis or I / O experience preferred. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a major in computer science, information systems, engineering or a related technical field or relevant military experience at an E6 / Petty Officer 2nd class grade or above is required. Additionally, a minimum of 3 years of manufacturing and / or I / S experience is preferred.
- A strong total rewards program, comprising: competitive base compensation, variable compensation that rewards individual, team and company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- Continuous learning opportunities in a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different activities and functions of Dow with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work in a global company and interact with colleagues from all over the world
- Opportunities that stimulate your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global reach, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer-centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company with the aim of delivering a sustainable future to the world through our expertise in materials science and the collaboration with our partners. Dow’s business portfolio in Plastics, Industrial Intermediates, Coatings and Silicones offers a broad range of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for customers in high growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow had approximately $ 39 billion in sales in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit or follow on Twitter.
As part of our commitment to a diverse workforce, Dow is committed to equal employment opportunity. We encourage every employee to be fully dedicated to the job every day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information on Dow’s Equal Opportunity is available at.
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Job date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 03:24:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!