Job title: Senior Associate – Financial Reporting (AIS)
Company: State Street
Job description: Who are we looking for:
The aim of the work is to provide end-to-end support to clients of investment firms for the timely completion of financial statement preparation within strict deadlines for client audit / review.
Selected candidates will be expected to work hours that allow a reasonable overlap with US and EMEA hours and allow for training, work practices, feedback, etc.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will join is part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives owners and asset managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From basic custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder record keeping to comprehensive operational solutions and serving alternative assets such as OTC derivatives, private equity and l real estate, SSGS tools help our clients make better investment choices and seize growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you’re ready to take.
What you will be responsible for:
As a Senior Associate, you will:
- Prepare and perform first level reviews on private equity and hedge fund financial statements in accordance with GAAP and applicable regulatory requirements and assist in the drafting and distribution of client and auditor support, ensuring that all deliverables are completed accurately and on time
- Provide on-the-job training and coaching to all staff, in addition to providing performance feedback to the manager for review
- Responsible for risk management by ensuring staff understand all standard operating procedures, key controls and customer specific procedures / checklists
- Estimate staffing requirements, assign work, oversee short-term deliverables, coordinate workflow, maintain working knowledge of the overall process operating model while assisting in the deployment of operational changes
- Ensure the team achieves accuracy and meets predetermined deadlines
- Implement all standard practices, processes, tools and technology improvements
- Effectively use automation and make recommendations for current system improvements
- Participate in research and resolution of customer issues
- Volunteer for one-off projects and help with last-minute requests
- Solve problems and prioritize actions in the absence of the direct manager
- Assist in the coordination of activities between multiple departments within the organization, including our global offshoring partners
- Write and update task lists for offshoring partners, ensure all supporting documents are available to them and act as the primary contact to answer their questions and issues
What we like:
These skills will help you be successful in this role:
- Fund accounting
- Transaction processing and management
- Financial analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving
- statistical analyzes
Education and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Commerce / Economics with a specialization in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred.
- CA / CPA / ACCA or similar professional qualification desired
- Knowledge of US GAAP / IFRS, etc.
- Demonstrates strong technological skills, as well as problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrates an ability to be a leader within one’s team, as well as to be a leader among your peers
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, including excellent time management skills
- 3+ to 5+ years of experience in financial reporting / accounting or fund finance preferred
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the world’s largest custodian banks, asset managers, and asset intelligence firms. From technology to product innovation, we are making our mark in the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve helped our clients protect and manage the investments of millions of people. We provide investment services, data and analysis, investment research and trading, and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, live and grow. We do everything we can to create an excellent working environment. Our benefit packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you can expect generous medical care, insurance, and savings plans, among other benefits. You will have access to a flexible work schedule to help you meet your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, diversity and social responsibility. We believe that the diversity of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of our employees is a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their full potential while adding value to both our organization and our customers. We warmly welcome applicants of diverse backgrounds, backgrounds, abilities, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another core value of State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and as a leader. You’ll have tools to help you balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, a matching giving program and access to employee networks that will help you stay connected to what matters to you. you.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Find out more at StateStreet.com/careers
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 07:48:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!