Job title: Senior Cloud Automation Engineer
Company: Event Management
Job description: Cvent is a global leader in meeting, event, travel and hospitality technologies, with more than 4,000 employees worldwide. As a leading cloud-based technology company, we have more than 28,000 customers, 80% of which are Fortune 100 companies, in more than 100 countries. Cvent’s software solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled customers around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events. In addition to helping event planners navigate all aspects of the event process, we also provide an integrated platform for hoteliers to help them create qualified demand for their hotels, manage that demand more efficiently and measure their business performance in real time.
About the Cloud Automation Team:
Cvent is transitioning to the cloud, with the Cloud Automation team at the helm. We are responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of various cloud automation systems used by the Cvent technology team to deliver Cvent products to customers.
Cvent, like all other fast-growing SaaS companies that use AWS, faces many challenges in cloud operations, including leveraging all of the benefits of AWS while maintaining security and profitability. The Cloud Automation team develops tools that enable more than 1,400 technology workers to use the cloud on a daily basis in a consistent, cost-effective, and reliable manner without compromising the speed, agility, or elasticity of the cloud.
We partner with internal clients such as software developers, SREs, DevOps, QEs, information security, and database administrators to provide self-service platforms that enable them to build , easily modify, iterate and destroy our cloud infrastructure. We help develop and implement standards while fostering a flexible and learning community. Overall, we are excited to automate and find innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
Cloud Automation brings together software development, DevOps, and information management skills to help make cloud operations more agile and resilient while staying within the security and governance framework. Our tools allow Cvent developers to quickly deliver product functionality while meeting all of our organization’s security, auditing and governance requirements. At Cvent, cloud automation is the meeting point of cloud agility, infrastructure stability, data protection and cost optimization.
If you are a software developer with a background in cloud technology and a desire to automate, your expertise would be invaluable to our team!
We’re not limiting ourselves to a particular collection of tools and technologies, but here’s a look at what you’ll be working with:
- Jenkins, CloudFormation, Terraform, Serverless, CDK, AWS Lambda / Layers, State Machine
- Java, Groovy, Python, Typescript
- AWS (VPC / Subnets / Security Groups / IAM / EC2 / ECS / RDS / Kinesis / WAF / CloudFront)
- Bash, PowerShell, AWS-CLI, AWS SDK
- Slack bots and integrations
- Linux, Windows
- PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL, DynamoDB
- Chief • Docker
What you will do:
- As a Cloud Automation Engineer, you will use your programming and scripting skills, as well as your DevOps engineering background, to recognize inefficient, vulnerable, and resource-intensive cloud delivery processes. Then, based on your experience, you will create automation tools to help Cvent eliminate inefficiencies.
- Encourage and empower a growing technology company to simplify, automate and streamline cloud operations
- Develop, test, and deploy automation that transparently targets multiple on-premises and AWS regions
- Reduce infrastructure delivery times and cloud changes using intelligent automation and self-service platforms
- Establish Cvent standards and best practices in partnership with different technology groups. Join the experts in information security. Build teams to create cloud tools that help groups strike a balance between agility, security, and profitability
- Investigate issues involving complex production, automation and business processes
- Ensure the scalability, performance and resiliency of our suite of automation tools
- Improve employee productivity by reducing changeover and request execution time for infrastructure changes
- Work with the Cloud team of a new acquisition to push Cvent automation standards and improve them as needed
- Give back by working and contributing to Open Source projects: https://github.com/cvent
- Adhere to the “Automate everything” philosophy
What you need for this job:
At Cloud Automation, we believe that if you are eager to learn, passionate about technology, and enjoy building tools, then you are a good fit. Having experience with the following skills is a plus.
- Building scripting tools and frameworks from scratch • Using cloud automation tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, CDK, aws-cli
- Scripting languages like Python, Groovy, PowerShell, Bash, Perl, etc.
- Automate configuration using Chef
- Development of object oriented software in Java, .Net, typescript
- Exposure to Windows, Linux administration skills
- Use of APM, monitoring and logging tools (DataDog, Splunk)
- Project management tools like Jira, Trello
- Previous experience in dealing with data store technologies such as Postgres, MySQL, SQL, DynamoDB is desirable
- Familiarity with basic networking, security and cloud engineering concepts
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Job date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 07:41:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!