Job title: Senior Consultant, Middleware
Company: Northern Trust
Job description: About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and advice to businesses, institutions and affluent families and individuals around the world. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated customers using cutting-edge technology and exceptional service.
Work with us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative working culture, which has a solid history of financial strength and stability. Mobility within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can be proud to work for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, thought and experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Member of the Gender Equality Index, Bloomberg
- Best Financial and Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN’S Magazine
We would love to hear more about how your interests and background might match with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable businesses! Build your career with us and apply today.
The Enterprise Middleware Services team is looking for a Senior Middleware Engineer to fill an immediate need. This person will lead projects aimed at improving existing shared middleware environments as well as creating the next generation middleware frameworks focused on faster provisioning, dynamic scaling and improved resiliency. The role will also consist of supervising the members of the Middleware teams and refining technical and customer service skills. The candidate will provide in-depth advice to IT management and staff at the highest technical level in the identification, evaluation, implementation / integration and testing of new operating system software products. The candidate will also represent the Enterprise Middleware Services team and provide architectural advice and technical direction to the PMO. The person will oversee the implementation of the projects and act as a liaison with other Northern Trust technical teams.
Knowledge / skills
In-depth knowledge of the infrastructure and software alternatives, functions and systems of the customer domain, strong analytical skills, judgmental and problem analysis techniques, excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with the customer and the customer. Informatic direction.
Qualifications / Experience
- Over 10 years of global IT experience
- 5+ years of Apache Kafka. Confluence experience a plus.
- More than 3 years of experience in the creation and deployment of applications in PaaS (Platform as a Service) and DevOps / Automation technologies
- More than 3 years of experience in development and architecture using Cloud / Open Source technologies such as Docker EE, Kubernetes, Netflix OSS, Spring Frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, etc.)
- 8+ experience in architecture and construction of infrastructures hosting multiple applications in a large enterprise environment
- Experience in event driven architecture and development and flow processing
- In-depth knowledge of middleware architecture and design models and best practices
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Provide subject matter expertise in the deployment of Confluent Enterprise – Apache Kafka in the enterprise environment.
- Physical deployment in multiple environments.
- Optimize and tune.
- Guide development and user training overviews for support teams.
- Provide a troubleshooting methodology and best practices to development teams. This includes the automation of processes and the integration of new applications.
- Design monitoring solutions and basic statistics reports to support implementation.
- Analyze and develop technological solutions according to customer needs.
- Create and implement middleware products to meet business demands.
- Work with developers and architects to develop middleware configurations based on requirements.
- Identify and apply innovative technologies to update existing middleware.
- Develop a roadmap, standards and models and maintain documentation for middleware installations, modifications and upgrades.
- Coordinate with vendors and support team for troubleshooting, design issues and upgrades.
- Quickly and accurately troubleshoot and resolve technical issues to improve application performance and functionality.
- 24/7/365 availability on call
- Develop and implement migration, consolidation and upgrade strategies for middleware components.
- Evaluate the architecture of the system and make recommendations as needed.
- Develop and implement standard processes for the installation, maintenance and improvement of middleware applications.
- Responsible for the rapid and accurate execution of other tasks defined by the IT middleware manager
- Serve as an expert resource or go to the person within the group
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 07:41:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!