Job title: Senior Editor, The Lancet Regional Health – Southeast Asia
- The Lancet Regional Health Southeast Asia is seeking a full-time Internal Editor-in-Chief to join the editorial team in our office in Chennai, India. Together with the Editor-in-Chief, you will be responsible for assisting in the launch and development of this new open-access, online-only title as part of The Lancets global regional health initiative. The primary responsibilities of the position are to help oversee the submissions, quality peer review and publication of the most relevant and changing research in the South East Asia region.
- Overall responsibility for organizing peer review, ordering content, and timely production of a set number of articles per year, related comments and letters.
- Develop and maintain links with the international medical research community and analyze current literature to help identify appropriate material and authors for the review.
- In order to promote the journal, identify key content and keep abreast of current developments in all specialties, participation in conferences, relevant meetings and visits to laboratories and institutes will be a key component of this job.
- Sub-editing of material from all sections of the journal to improve clarity of expression and conform to the style of the journal.
- Suggest and help develop new initiatives for the further development of the journal.
- Other tasks that may be needed from time to time (for example, covering other team members during vacation and sick leave).
- Ability to work in a team and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to negotiate with members of the medical profession, the media and other publishers
- Knowledge of biological and medical sciences
- Good use of English
- Writing skills
- Knowledge of computer systems
- A doctorate or doctorate in medicine in a directly relevant discipline is a prerequisite. Some editorial experience is an asset.
,<br> <br> <b>Other details</b>
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Job date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 06:56:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!