Job title: Senior Manager, Software Engineering (L5) – Flex India
Job description: Because you belong to Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to be a key member of the Twilio Flex R&D unit. Flex is Twilio’s cloud contact center platform and is a one-stop solution that provides customers with the building blocks they need to create a fully customized contact center solution to meet their needs. You will be one of the first Engineering Managers in Bangalore, India for the Flex R&D unit, and you will develop and manage a development team that is at the heart of Twilio’s business. Together with the Director of Engineering, this position is essential for building the team, defining and developing the technical and team culture of Twilio in India.
Twilio is looking for a strong Senior CTO who lives the world and has a proven track record in building and developing teams, building products that run on public cloud infrastructure, with an API first approach, a experience of the entire development cycle, from idea to design, implementation requirements, testing to deployment and beyond in support. You are / will have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related field
- Over 5 years of experience in a senior engineering management role, over 14 years of global experience in software development, creation, deployment and operation of cloud-native enterprise SaaS applications.
- Hands-on experience building Java applications based on Microservice architecture.
- Hands-on experience with REST APIs.
- Experience in implementing modern automated tests and CI / CD pipelines. Develop, test, deploy your code.
- Experience with SaaS telemetry and observability tools such as Datadog, Graphana, Prometheus.
- Experience with AWS, GCP or other public cloud infrastructure platforms.
- Experience with container technologies – Docker / Kubernetes.
- A strategic problem solver and you thrive on operating a broad spectrum from design to continuous 24/7 service operations. As a pragmatist, you are able to distill complex and ambiguous situations into practical plans for your team. You are someone who has solved complex problems and has the ability to navigate uncharted waters.
- Represent the perspectives of our clients. You plan how they will be impacted by the services you integrate with Flex, and you are always working to enable their success. You will get things done.
- Demonstrated experience leading inclusive teams, mentoring junior engineers and teaching proven practices that help teams grow.
- Communication skills that demonstrate empathy and compassion to build trust, resolve conflicts, and provide feedback to your team.
- A solid vision of the product and architecture and a demonstrated ability to collaborate, communicate, defend and realize this vision.
- End-to-end owned and operated services, from requirements collection and design, to debugging and testing, version management and operational monitoring
- Extensive knowledge of development environments and tools used to implement and create code for deployment
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize technology and roadmaps
- Ability to communicate well – in person, on paper or in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, other engineers, and support teams
- Strong expertise in solving complex production problems.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
- Strong familiarity with agile processes, continuous integration and a strong belief in automation rather than hard work.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience with contact center and customer engagement solutions is a plus.
How you work:
- Independent – asks questions when something doesn’t make sense and supports initiatives in an organized manner
- Organized – able to meet tight deadlines and maintain high quality work
- Communicative – able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Spirit of growth – willing and open to learn and grow quickly
- Self-structured – strong ability to work independently and efficiently, prioritize multiple tasks and deliver reliably
As a Senior Engineering Manager, you will live the values of Twilio Magic:
- DRAW THE OWL & BE BOLD: You will forge the vision of how your products help customers and achieve Twilio Flex goals. There is no instruction manual, it’s up to you to write. You’re going to find it out, ship it, and iterate it. You will adopt and experiment with new and crazy ideas. You will invent the future, but you will not fly it away.
- Prioritize and wear the customer’s shoes ruthlessly: you will collaborate on roadmaps with product managers, architects and technical managers to ensure that we create the features that are most important to the customer and that the team has direction and clear priorities, and works with a clear purpose and purpose.
- EMPOWER OTHERS AND BE INCLUSIVE: You are humble, will foster a culture of inclusion, us versus me, and will develop an impactful team. You will help people achieve and increase their full potential, provide active coaching and mentoring. You will earn people’s trust by providing a safe environment where everyone can bring their best and authenticity to work.
- NO SHENANIGANS AND DON’T SET – You will always exercise good judgment and care about how your product works and makes customers successful. You are intellectually honest, transparent and will work with others fostering an authentic and inclusive environment. You will serve as a role model for fair decision making within and beyond your team. You’ll hire the best people for the job and expect the best from yourself and your staff.
Twilio Flex is an omnichannel contact center platform built on Twilio’s communications products. Flex is a truly innovative SaaS solution that integrates programmability into every layer of the stack enabling our customers to create a unique solution that meets their needs. This creates an incredible opportunity as well as an exciting engineering challenge to deliver a capable SaaS product in which we directly invite our customers so that they can customize its use. In this role, you will lead teams to extend the feature offering to customers and therefore the overall reach of the Flex solution. You would be a visible leader and work closely with teams at all levels of the business. Your success would provide great customer experiences to major brands around the world (Twilio customers) and enable them to provide better services to their customers.
Twilio is a company that provides developers around the world with modern communication to build better apps. Twilio is truly unique; We are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our people succeed, and we are committed to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to flourish at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bangalore, India. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial and emotional well-being of you and your loved ones. You will experience a business that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks full talent to ensure a full perspective on our clients’ experience, understands that it is a marathon, not a sprint; who continuously and deliberately build an inclusive culture that allows everyone to do their best and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unleash the magic of communications to enhance any human experience. Twilio has democratized communication channels such as voice, text, chat, video, and email by virtualizing the global communications infrastructure with APIs simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power users. most demanding applications in the world. By integrating communications into every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio empowers innovators across industries – from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations – to reinvent the way businesses interact with their customers.
Twilio prides itself on being an equal opportunities workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to guaranteeing equal opportunities without distinction of race, color, descent, religion, sex, gender identity, parental status or pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation , age, citizenship, marital status, disability or veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with a history of arrest and conviction for employment.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Sun, 03 Oct 2021 07:41:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!