Job title: Software engineer
Job description: Role overview:
McAfee Enterprise is hiring a software engineer whose primary responsibility is to manage customer escalations through replication, debugging, implementation and validation of patches. In this challenging role, an opportunity is also provided to design, develop feature enhancements. The role provides interaction with customers, support engineers, development engineers, and quality assurance engineers.
This role is an integral part of the McAfee Enterprise business segment which was acquired by Symphony Technology Group (STG) in July 2021. McAfee Enterprise and members of its team remain committed to keeping governments and businesses secure. This position is dedicated and is part of the McAfee Enterprise activity.
About the role
- You will be responsible for the maintenance / development of IPS / IDS software running on multiprocessor platforms.
- You will resolve customer issues with the help of development / QA team members as needed and bring them to fruition.
- You will replicate the problems in the lab, correct, and deliver the fix to the customer.
- Provide assistance to QA team members and support engineers to reduce issues.
About you :
- 3 years of experience in product maintenance / QA.
- Experience with networking / security products is a huge plus.
- Working knowledge of TCP / IP, HTTP and SSL network protocols.
- Experience in troubleshooting system level issues and excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be highly motivated with a strong passion and commitment to software quality.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both within a team and across multiple groups.
- Knowledge of C coding is required.
- Knowledge of traffic generation and analysis tools such as tcpreplay, ethereal / wireshark, Avalanche, BreakingPoint is an asset.
McAfee is a leader in personal safety for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to the needs of users in an always online world, enabling them to live safely with integrated and intuitive solutions that protect their devices. families and their communities with the right security at the right time.
Advantages and advantages of the company:
We strive to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to get to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible working hours and benefits to all of our employees.
- Retirement and pension plans
- Medical, dental and visual coverage
- Paid vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Support for community engagement
We take our commitment to diversity seriously, which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status. , marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 07:32:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!