Job title: Software Engineer II
Job description: Azure Capacity Supply Chain & Provisioning is looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer who can deliver end-to-end solutions with little direction. Our team is developing the forecasting platform used to predict demand for Microsoft’s cloud resources. Your contributions will help make multi-million dollar decisions related to Microsoft’s fastest growing product, Azure. You will collaborate with other software engineers, data scientists, data engineers, project managers and business stakeholders to drive the development of new features for our forecasting platform. You will need to quickly learn new technologies and deepen your skills in software engineering, data engineering and project management.
CSCP’s mission is to provide capacity for all cloud services through intelligent systems. The organization is responsible for the core platform strategy and delivery for all Microsoft online services including Azure demand and capacity forecasting, supply chain, data centers , networking, bandwidth, operations and incident management. CSCP supports over 200 online businesses, including all Azure Cloud, Bing, O365, OneDrive, Xbox, and Windows Azure branded services.
- Develop cloud services for our production forecasting platform, using cutting edge cloud technologies
- Deploy production code optimized for execution in an Apache Spark environment (such as Databricks, Azure Synapse Analytics)
- Improve the availability, scalability, performance, security, resiliency and efficiency of services
- Effectively measure and communicate progress and risks throughout the project lifecycle
- Debug the outputs of machine learning and time series forecasting models
- Master the development, quality, testing and production readiness of the services you create
- Collaborate with business partners and data scientists to design end-to-end solutions
- Develop innovative solutions to difficult problems under ambiguity and without obvious solutions
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or a similar applied quantitative field
- At least 2 years of industry experience developing production software in a team environment
- Excellent computer basics with strong testing, debugging and analytical skills
- Proficient in using Python in a distributed computing environment, such as Spark
- Proficient in using C # to develop .NET applications and services
- Mastery of SQL and data warehousing concepts
- Experience in managing a large code base using code versioning systems such as git
- Experience working in the Azure and Microsoft ecosystem
- Experience in the deployment and maintenance of large scale services and distributed systems
- Experience in machine learning and predictive analytics
- Experience in creating roadmaps, status updates, documentation and presentations
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and seek clarity
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, of medical condition, of national origin, of physical or mental handicap, of political affiliation, of protected veteran. status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal background, in accordance with legal requirements. If you require assistance and / or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruitment process, please submit a request through.
The benefits / perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your job at Microsoft and the country in which you work.
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
Job date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 03:38:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!