Job title: Specialist – Power BI
Job description: Requisition ID: 167002
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a full range of transportation systems, from high speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signaling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of over 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and carrying out international projects with lasting local impact.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF THE RLE
He / She will be responsible for the end-to-end management of the Power BI service platform to meet the needs of our customers by obtaining insights from our corporate data. And demonstrate a broad understanding of Power BI data development, deployment, and integration techniques for various business scenarios.
Overall, he / she will also be responsible for the maintenance, development, implementation, development of best practices, integration, improvement and audits of the platform.
The Power BI specialist reports to the delivery manager.
STRUCTURE, REPORTING, NETWORKS & LINKS
| – Vice-President Business Solutions and Innovation
| – Director of digital platforms and enterprise architecture
| – Analysis platform manager
| – Responsible for deliveries – BI
| – Power BI specialist
Organizational reports: reports to the delivery manager
Networks and links
Internally: Transversal Digital Platforms team. Innovation Team, Application Platform Owners, Business Process Owners, Infrastructure Team
Externally: third-party technology providers, strategic partners
Location: The position will be based in Bangalore
Willing to travel occasionally for on-site meetings and team workshops as required
- Will be responsible for setting up and maintaining the Power BI infrastructure (services, on-premises data gateway) and performing the upgrade.
- Act as an advisor for the most optimal and efficient architecture and implementation / use of PowerBi services.
- Will be decisive in the activities of the platform which will involve the annual scaling of the infra, the management of the users and the licenses, the optimization of the performances, the subjects of data integration and the development of applications and best practices
- Proficient in the administration of PowerBi servers with experience in backups, recovery and restoration
- Responsible for performing the Power BI database backup activity related to Power BI services.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the power of BI services.
- Responsible for the daily resolution of Power BI tickets (integration, assignment of rights, creation of folders / workspaces, publication of applications / reports, creation of data refresh schedule).
- Responsible for having a regular update on new Power BI features, product release via MS forum and other community sites. And manage and update platform documentation whenever needed.
Power BI development:
- Able to develop dashboards according to business needs and secure Power BI and data / reports
- Able to translate business needs into technical specifications and to design, build and deploy solutions.
- Capable of integrating Power BI reports into other applications using integrated analytics such as Power BI service (SaaS), Teams, SharePoint or through API automation.
- Will be responsible for managing access to workspaces and application content
- Integration of PowerBi servers with different data sources and timely PowerBi upgrade / services
- Responsible for on-site data gateway, data refresh
- Responsible for helping various types of database connections (SQL, Oracle, Excel, etc.) with Power BI services
- Responsible for resolving the issue with Power BI desktop and Power BI report server.
- Responsible for the design methodology and documentation of the project.
- Collaborate with functional architects when setting up business cases for each initiative, collaborate with other analysis teams to drive and operationalize the analytical deployment. Maintain clear and consistent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and communicate results.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and regulations
- Strong ability to take the lead and be autonomous Proven skills in planning, prioritization and organization. Ability to drive change through innovation and process improvement. Be able to report to management and stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To be considered for this position, the candidate must demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
Abilities and / or skills required:
- Minimum 6 and maximum 8 years of total experience
- Platform operations:
- Required 4 years of experience administering PowerBi servers using Power BI services
- Experience in managing a highly available Power BI infrastructure (clustered / stand-alone on-premises data gateway implementation)
- Experience in Power BI service administration settings (tenants, workspaces, etc.) and configurations.
- Experience in integrating Power BI service data.
- Experience in managing multiple Power BI service nodes.
- Experience in managing the creation / management of BI content users, configuring data privacy, security keys and access to workspace and app content, Power BI apps and publication of reports.
- Good knowledge of on-premises data gateway, optimization and data refresh techniques
- Good knowledge of Power BI Analytics APIs.
- Minimum of 2 years of end-to-end Power BI development experience using Power BI Desktop connecting multiple data sources (SAP, SQL, Azure, REST API, etc.)
- Experience in application development, development of queries, reports and forms.
- Expertise in using advanced level calculations on the dataset.
- Able to develop tabular and multidimensional models compatible with the warehouse standard
- Experience developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI dashboards using Power BI Desktop
- Role-based data security experience. Good understanding of the Power BI application security layer model.
- Get started with PowerPivot, Power Query, Dax Query, Excel, Pivots / Charts / Grid and Power View
- Experience in integrating PowerBi services with different data sources
Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Engineering / Technology or related field
The candidate will have to demonstrate:
- A strong sense of collaboration and a team spirit Articulate problems and propose solutions.
- Structured thought process and articulation Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Analytical minded and ready to challenge the status quo Possess excellent soft skills.
- Individual and proactive contributor and have leadership skills. To be able to guide and manage the team from a technical point of view.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Quick and motivated learning is essential.
- Be comfortable in English.
- Being able to influence and deliver.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our business where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Position type: Experienced
Job segment: Business Intelligence, ERP, Oracle, Database, Developer, Technology,
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 07:55:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!