Job title: SQA Engineer
Company: Markit India Services Pvt Ltd
Job description: SQA Engineer
Presentation of the department:
The global quality assurance team includes highly trained and experienced testing professionals located in Europe, North America and India. The team supports the high quality of the software by independently verifying that the functionality of the software meets business requirements using a combination of manual and technical testing techniques. The team is also responsible for verifying the technical aspects of the implementation, including the performance and scalability of the solution.
Summary of position
IHS Markit is seeking experienced testing professionals to join its IHS Markit operation in India. This position will involve a role of constructing / executing practical tests in the financial field. This is a development test position and will require some java / automation knowledge.
- Strong experience in automation / white box testing
- Self-managed person who can actively build the automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience in designing high efficiency tests for scalable, distributed and fault tolerant applications
- Good understanding of test design techniques (limit value analysis and equivalence partitioning)
- Strong knowledge of the database with the ability to formulate basic queries
- Must have good communication skills
- Must have strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Exposure to AWS will be an added benefit
- Must be growth-oriented, confident and self-reliant
This position will involve a role of building / executing practice tests where creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the QA manager to meet automation test requirements to the highest standards
- Design automation test strategies, test frameworks based on user needs
- Strong knowledge of automation test concepts
- Exposure to Core Java, Maven & Jenkins preferred.
- Good understanding of relational databases, SQL, stored procedures and other data manipulation technologies.
- Knowledge of Jira and confluence.
- Knowledge and experience of financial markets
- Experience with programming languages
- Demonstrated ability to work in a globally distributed software development team.
Education and experience
- A technical graduate / Post Graduate
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
- Strong technical experience in the implementation of object oriented systems
- Should be able to produce a cost-benefit analysis around the proposed automation solutions
- Dollar savings from better and effective coverage of test assets
- Able to provide regular updates on the progress and status of your development tasks to your manager and peers
- Manage and track the progress of current items on which you depend
- Passion for quality assurance and attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn new technologies, methods and tools
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills both orally and in writing.
Ability to accurately report test status and progress to QA manager and other stakeholders
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to project priorities and processes and ability to meet deadlines.
Work closely with members of the global development and project team to deliver high quality solutions under tight deadlines.
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analysis and expertise to forge solutions for industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide unparalleled insight and insight that lead to informed and confident decisions. We call this the new intelligence.
IHS Markit serves over 50,000 key clients in over 140 countries, including 80% of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply high-level thinking to day-to-day tasks and strategic issues across a multitude of industries and disciplines , in particular energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and commerce, aerospace and defense, chemicals, economy and country risk.
Based in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable and profitable growth.
Inclusion and diversity are essential to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status of protected veteran or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for candidates and employees, please access our inclusion and diversity statement here.
We pride ourselves on providing reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for a job at IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation in using our website or in applying for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination of demands reasonable accommodation is taken into account in a case. -case by case. This contact information (e-mail and telephone) is only intended for assistance with applications and accommodation requests. We are unable to accept resumes or provide application status information via the above phone number or email address. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified applicants will be considered and tracked.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to undergo a drug test (where permitted by law). Additionally, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify program to confirm work eligibility.
For more information, please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Code of Business Conduct
Right to work
EEO is the law
EEO is the right supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally through Workday’s internal careers site. ,
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Job date: Mon, 04 Oct 2021 07:57:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!